When you use BoBo, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This notice describes the personal data (“data”) we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this privacy notice.
This notice applies to users of BoBo’s services anywhere in the world, including users of BoBo’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how BoBo and its affiliates collect and use data. This notice applies to all BoBo users globally. This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation and related services via their BoBo account.
- Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders individually or through partner transportation companies.
- Carers: individuals who provide carer services to Riders individually or through partner professional carer companies.
- Guest Users: individuals who receive ride and carer services ordered by other BoBo account owners, including friends, family members or other individual account owners.
This notice also governs BoBo’s other collections of data in connection with its services. For example, the contact information of individuals that manage and use accounts owned by Enterprise Customers; or data of individuals who start but do not complete their applications to be drivers or carer persons.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our privacy practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
Please contact us through Customer Service.
B. Data controller and transfer
BoBo (HK) Limited are the data controllers for the data collected in connection with use of BoBo’s services in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
BoBo (HK) Limited is the data controller for the data collected in connection with use of BoBo’s services everywhere else.
In addition, for drivers in the Hong Kong, (1) the BoBo entity holding the relevant private hire vehicle operator license is the data controller for the data required to comply with licensing requirements; and (2)BoBo (HK) Limited and the BoBo entity with whom the driver has entered into a contract are joint controllers for the data required to comply with worker rights.
BoBo operates, and processes personal data, globally; wherever and whenever you travel, your data travels with you so we can offer you a seamless experience. We also respect your data protection rights whether you are in your home country or elsewhere.
This means that we may transfer personal data to countries other than your home country in order to provide our services in a different country at your request. We may also transfer personal data to another country if that is necessary to respond to a customer support request that you submitted outside your region. And trip/order histories may be accessed by users in another country after they have left the country where services were rendered. Because our services involve multiple users at the same time, limited personal data may be accessible to the other user in another country.
We do so in order to fulfill our agreements with all of our users, or based on users’ instructions or prior consent, adequacy decisions for the relevant countries, or other transfer mechanisms as may be available under applicable law, such as the Basic Law.
We may also transfer data to other countries in order to respond to a request for personal data from a law enforcement agency. To provide additional safeguards to these data transfers, BoBo applies a robust internal procedure for processing these requests. BoBo only discloses personal data to law enforcement agencies in a manner that is consistent with the regulatory requirements of applicable laws, such as the Basic Law.
To help provide equivalent data protection wherever you use our services, BoBo has implemented the following measures across the globe:
- policies and procedures to limit access to, and the processing of personal data for defined purposes;
- specific training of personnel responsible for managing personal data;
- a government data access policy that refuses government access to data, except when disclosure is mandated by applicable laws including the Basic Law, there is imminent risk of serious harm to individuals, or consent is obtained;
- robust protection of data while it is in transit between BoBo apps and our servers, and when the data is processed on our servers. This includes encryption and the use of pseudonymized data to help protect users' full identity against unauthorized disclosure.
For your convenience, the exercise of your data protection rights can be directed to BoBo via any of the designated channels mentioned above, and will be handled centrally on behalf of the relevant controller. Questions, comments, and complaints about BoBo’s data practices can be submitted through Customer Service.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
BoBo collects data:
BoBo collects the following data:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile information: We collect data when users create or update their BoBo accounts, or place orders via guest checkout features. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license and other government issued documents (which may include identification numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and carer persons, emergency contact information, user settings, and evidence of health or fitness to provide services using BoBo apps.
- Background check information (drivers and carer persons): This includes information submitted during the driver/carer person application process, such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), license status, known aliases, prior addresses, and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on BoBo’s behalf.
- Identity verification photos: This includes photos of users (such as, selfies) and/or their government issued identifications (such as, driver’s license or passports). Such photos may be used to verify a user’s identity, such as through facial verification technologies. Please see the section titled “How we use personal data” for more information regarding how user photos are used for safety and security purposes, including identity verification.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, such as birth date/age, gender or occupation, when required for certain BoBo services or programs.
We may also infer demographic data from other data collected from users. For example, we may infer a user’s gender based on their first name to enable safety features, such as the Women Rider Preference, or to display personalized ads for third party products or services.
We may also collect demographic data through user surveys.
- User content: We collect the data submitted by users when they contact BoBo customer support (including via phone chat or video conferencing tools), provide ratings or feedback for other users, carers or merchants, or otherwise contact BoBo. This may include photographs, or audio or video recordings submitted by users in connection with a customer support request. This also includes metadata relating to the method you use to communicate with BoBo.
In certain jurisdictions, users can record the audio and/or video of their trips through an in-app feature or using a dashcam. In-app recordings are encrypted and stored on users’ devices, and are only shared with BoBo if submitted by the users in connection with safety incidents.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data (driver and carer person): We collect precise or approximate location data from drivers’ and carer persons’ mobile devices when the BoBo app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen).
- Location data (riders and order recipients). We collect precise or approximate location information from riders’ and order recipients’ mobile devices if they enable us to do so via their device settings.
BoBo collects such data from the time a ride or order is requested until it is finished, and any time the app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen). See below for information on how riders and order recipients can enable precise location data collection.
Riders and order recipients may use the BoBo apps without enabling collection of location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect certain features in the BoBo apps. For example, a rider who has not enabled precise location data will have to manually enter their pickup address.
In addition, precise location data collected from a driver’s device during a trip is linked to the rider’s account, even if the rider has not enabled precise location data to be collected from their device. This data is used for purposes such as receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided; trip or order details (such as date and time, requested pick-up and drop off addresses, distance traveled and items ordered); and payment transaction information (such as a carer company's or merchant's name and location, amount charged, and payment method). We also associate a user’s name with that of anyone who uses their promotion code.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, browser type, and app crashes and other system activity.
- Device data: We collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, advertising identifiers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We collect data regarding phone, text or in-app communications between users that are enabled through BoBo’s apps. This includes date and time, as well as the content of text or in-app messages. We may also collect the content of phone calls solely where users are notified in advance that the call may be recorded.
3. Data from other sources. These include:
- users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s data from that user.
- BoBo account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users (such as friends or family members), or who enable other users to request or receive services through their business accounts.
- users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- BoBo business partners through which users create or access their BoBo account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use BoBo’s APIs or whose APIs BoBo uses.
- BoBo business partners in connection with debit or credit cards issued by a financial institution in partnership with BoBo to the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, or who screen users in connection with sanctions, anti-money laundering, or know-your-customer requirements.
- insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or carer persons.
- partner transportation companies (for drivers or carer persons who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- publicly available sources.
- marketing service providers or data resellers whose data BoBo uses for marketing or research.
- law enforcement officials, public health officials, and other government authorities.
B. How we use personal data
BoBo uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, carer, and other products and services. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- for customer support
- for research and development
- to enable communications between users
- for marketing and advertising
- to send non-marketing communications to users
- in connection with legal proceedings
We use the data we collect:
1. To provide our services. BoBo uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts.
- enable transportation, carer and other services/features, such as:
- using location data to navigate rider pick-ups and order drop-offs, calculate ETAs, and track the progress of rides.
- features that involve data sharing, such as sharing driver first name and vehicle information with riders to facilitate pick-ups, user profile and trip details for ETA sharing and fare splitting, and user ratings and compliments.
- match available drivers and carer persons to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, location/proximity, user settings/preferences and other factors such as likelihood to accept a trip based on their past behavior or preferences.
- enable dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on factors such as estimated time and distance, predicted route, estimated traffic, and the current number of users requesting or providing services.
- process payments.
- personalize users’ accounts. For example, we may present a BoBo Carer user with personalized recommendations based on their prior orders.
- facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions.
- provide users with trip updates, generate receipts, and inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies.
- perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users, are compatible with such uses, or on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of BoBo’s and its users’ legitimate interests.
Safety and security. We use data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- verifying users' identity and eligibility to provide transportation or carers, including through reviews of background checks, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
In certain regions, this includes BoBo’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers and carer persons to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the driver or carer person using the app matches the BoBo account we have on file. We may also use this feature for other verification purposes such as verifying change of bank account information or regaining account access.
In addition, we may use facial recognition technology to process user profile photographs, identification photographs, or other user-submitted photographs to prevent identity-borrowing or use of our services by unauthorized drivers or carer people.
We may also use selfies to verify that users are wearing masks, helmets or other safety gear through the use of object verification technology.
using data from drivers’ or carer persons’ devices to detect unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices.
- using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such an adjustment, please contact BoBo customer Service.
- using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat other types of fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing use of our services by unauthorized drivers or carer persons, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing BoBo’s referral program or has submitted fraudulent documents, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation after human review. To object to such a deactivation, please contact BoBo customer service.
- using user ratings, reported incidents, and other feedback to encourage compliance with our Terms & Conditions and as grounds for deactivating users with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries. Such deactivation occurs only after human review and/or the possibility to appeal. For more information about how ratings are determined and used, please click here. To object to such a deactivation, please contact BoBo customer service.
- using driver data (such as location, ratings and gender where legally permitted) and rider data (such as ratings, origin and destination) to predict and help avoid pairings of users that may result in increased risk of conflict (for instance, because one user previously gave the other a one-star rating).
- sharing user name, location, phone number, vehicle details and other relevant information with third-party companies that support the management and de-escalation of interpersonal conflicts that may occur between users while on a trip.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users, and/or for purposes of the legitimate safety and security interests of BoBo, our users and members of the general public.
3. Customer support. BoBo uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users or for purposes of BoBo’s legitimate interest in monitoring and improving its customer support services.
4. Research and development. We use data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of BoBo’s legitimate interests in improving and developing new services and features.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pick-up location, a rider may call a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a carer may contact an order recipient with information about their order.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users.
6. Marketing and Advertising. BoBo uses data (other than Guest Users’ data) to market its services, and those of BoBo partners. This may include:
- Sending emails, text messages, push notification, and in-app messages or other communications marketing or advertising BoBo products, services, features, offers, promotions, sweepstakes, news and events.
This may include using location, trip and order history, and usage data to send marketing communications that are personalized based on users’ observed or inferred interests and characteristics. For example, we may send push notifications or in-app messages offering discounts or promo for products or merchants similar to those a user has previously ordered.
- Displaying BoBo advertising on third party apps or websites. This includes using location, trip and order history, and usage data, and sharing hashed email addresses and device or user identifiers with advertising partners (such as Facebook and TikTok), to personalize such ads to users’ interests.
- Displaying third party advertising in BoBo’s apps or in connection with our services.
This includes ads for professional carer companies or merchants that are available on BoBo. These ads (which are identified as “Sponsored Listings” in BoBo’s apps) include recommendations that are personalized based on users’ location and order histories.
This also includes ads for other third party products or services that are personalized based on users’ observed or inferred interests and characteristics, which we determine using data such as approximate location, trip information and history, usage data, demographic data (which may include inferred gender), and device or user identifiers.
This also includes ads that are personalized based on data about the current trip or carer request, including time of request and services requested. For example, if a user requests a trip to a supermarket, we may display in-app ads for third party products that may be available at that supermarket.
- Measuring the effectiveness of BoBo’s ads, and of third party ads displayed in BoBo’s apps or in connection with our services.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of BoBo’s legitimate interests in informing users about BoBo services and features or those offered by BoBo partners. See the sections titled “Choice and transparency” and “Marketing and advertising choices” for information on your choices regarding how BoBo may use your data for marketing and advertising.
7. Non-marketing communications. BoBo may use data to send surveys and other communications that are not for the purpose of marketing the services or products of BoBo or its partners. We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political processes that relate to our services. For example, BoBo has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to BoBo’s services in those users’ areas.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of BoBo’s legitimate interests in investigating and responding to claims and disputes relating to use of BoBo’s services and features, and/or necessary for compliance with applicable legal requirements.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We use data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of BoBo’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
BoBo performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users, or for purposes of BoBo’s and its users’ legitimate interests in informing users about events that may have an impact on their use of BoBo services.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- authenticating users
- remembering user preferences and settings
- determining the popularity of content
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of BoBo’s services and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share such data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
BoBo may share data:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
- riders’ first name, rating, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
- riders’ first name with other riders in a carpool trip. Riders in carpool trips may also see the dropoff location of the other riders.
- order recipients’ first name, carer address, and order information with the carer company or merchant. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the carer company or merchant and the carer person.
- for drivers and carer persons, we may share data with the rider(s), order recipient(s) and carer company or merchants, including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; period of time since they signed up to be a driver or carer person; contact information; and driver or carer person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users.
We also provide riders and order recipients with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver or carer person first name, photo, and route map. We also include other information on those receipts if required by law.
- for those who participate in BoBo’s referral program, we share certain data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
- BoBo business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, BoBo may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs; vehicle suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or professional carer companies, merchants or other BoBo business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
- Emergency services: We offer features that enable users to share their data with police, fire, and ambulance services in the event of an emergency or after certain incidents. For more information, please see the sections below titled “Choice and Transparency” and “Emergency Data Sharing”.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as BoBo blogs and BoBo social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the BoBo account owner
If a user receives services through an account owned by another party, we may share their trip or order information, including location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
- a rider uses their employer’s BoBo for Business profile
- a driver or carer person uses an account owned by or associated with a BoBo partner transportation company or professional carer company.
- a rider takes a trip or a carer recipient receives an order arranged by a friend or under a family profile.
5. With BoBo subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
6. With BoBo service providers and business partners
- payment processors and facilitators
- background check and identity verification providers
- cloud storage providers
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services, advertising networks, third-party data providers, and other service providers to reach or better understand our users and measure advertising effectiveness
This includes advertising intermediaries that enable BoBo to display and measure the effectiveness of personalized ads for third party products that are displayed in BoBo’s apps. We share data such as advertising or device identifier, hashed email address, approximate location, and current trip or order information, and the intermediaries use this data to provide their services and such other purposes are disclosed in their privacy notices. Users may opt out from ad personalization in the BoBo app
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with BoBo or on BoBo’s behalf
- vendors that assist BoBo to enhance the safety and security of BoBo apps and services
- consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- insurance and financing partners
- third-party vehicle suppliers, including fleet and rental partners
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
BoBo may share users’ data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect BoBo’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In the event of a dispute relating to use of another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
BoBo may share a user’s data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
BoBo retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including to provide its services and comply with legal obligations.
BoBo retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. The period for which we retain user data is determined by the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
The length for which BoBo retains user data may further be determined by legal and regulatory requirements, purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or by issues relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute.
For example, we retain data:
- for the life of users’ accounts if such data is necessary to provide our services. E.g., user profile information and credentials.
- for 7 years if necessary to comply with tax requirements. E.g., drivers’ and carer persons’ trip or carer location information.
- for defined periods as necessary for purposes of safety or fraud prevention. E.g., we retain incomplete driver applications for 1 year, and rejected driver applications for 7 years.
- after requests for account deletion if necessary for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention or compliance with legal requirements, or because of issues relating to the user’s account (such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute).
Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the BoBo app, or through customer support.
Following an account deletion request, BoBo deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Because we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements relating to drivers and carer persons, this generally means that we retain their account and data for the applicable statutory retention period after a deletion request. For riders and order recipients, their data is generally deleted within 90 days of a deletion request, except where retention is necessary for the above reasons.
IV. Choice and transparency
BoBo enables users to access and/or control data that BoBo collects, including through:
- privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing choices
A. Privacy settings
The Settings > Privacy menu in the BoBo app allows riders and order recipients to set or update their preferences regarding location data collection and sharing, emergency data sharing, and notifications.
- Location data collection (riders and order recipients)
Riders and order recipients can enable/disable BoBo to collect location data from their mobile devices through their device settings, which can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Share Live Location (Riders)
Riders can enable/disable BoBo to share their real-time location data from their mobile devices with their drivers through their device settings, which can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Emergency Data Sharing
Riders may enable BoBo to share real-time location data from their mobile devices with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data may include approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and dropoff locations; and the driver’s name.
Riders may enable/disable this feature via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu. Drivers and carer persons can also enable/disable Emergency Data Sharing via the Settings > Privacy > Emergency Data Sharing menu.
- Notifications: discounts and news
Users may enable BoBo to send push notifications about discounts and news from BoBo. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the BoBo app.
- Communications from professional carer companies and merchants
While placing an order in the BoBo app, users may opt-in to share their contact details with certain merchants in order to receive communications from them. Those who opt-in may choose to cease receiving such communications through the Settings > Privacy > Data Sharing menus in the BoBo app.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
C. In-app ratings pages
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, rider ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their riders.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders.
Riders can see their average rating in the main menu of the BoBo app.
Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the BoBo Driver app.
Carer persons may also be rated by order recipients.
D. Marketing and advertising choices
BoBo provides users with the following choices regarding how their data is used for purposes of marketing and advertising:
- Personalized marketing communications from BoBo: Users may choose whether BoBo may use their data to send personalized communications (such as, emails, push notifications, and in-app messages) about BoBo products and services. Users may also choose whether to receive any marketing emails or push notifications from BoBo.
- BoBo ads: Users may choose whether their data is used and shared with advertising partners to deliver personalized ads about BoBo products and services on third party apps and websites, or to measure the effectiveness of such ads.
- Carer and merchant ads: Users may choose whether BoBo may use their order and search history to display personalized ads.
- Third party ads: Users may choose whether BoBo may use their data to display ads for third party products or services that are personalized based on users’ observed or inferred interests and characteristics.
E. User data requests
BoBo provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about BoBo’s handling of their data.
- Accessing data: Users can access data including their profile data and trip or order history through the BoBo apps. Users can also view an online summary of information about their account, such as number of trips or orders, rating, rewards status, and number of days since they’ve been a BoBo user. Users can also request access to their data.
- Data portability: Users can request a copy of the overview of their data.
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in BoBo’s apps.
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time in the Settings > Privacy menus in the BoBo app.
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their data, or that we limit our use of their data. This includes objecting to our use of data that is based on BoBo’s legitimate interests. BoBo may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, Users may have the right to file a complaint relating to BoBo’s handling of their data with the data protection authority in Hong Kong.
- Appeal: Users that reside in Hong Kong may request a review of our decision in the event BoBo cannot meet or denies a User’s data request.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the BoBo apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.